- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ jalapeño, with seeds, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 12 large oysters, shucked
- 4 6-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup chopped plum tomatoes
Place relish in a small fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl; let drain for 10 minutes. Transfer relish to a medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients. Season with salt. Cover and chill. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Whisk first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Attach deep-fry thermometer to side of a deep heavy pot. Pour oil into pot to a depth of 1". Heat oil over medium-high heat until deep-fry thermometer registers 350°–360°.
Working in batches, dredge oysters in cornmeal mixture and fry, stirring occasionally with a slotted spoon, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Step 4Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook tortillas on griddle until softened and heated through, about 1 minute per side. Place 3 oysters in the center of each tortilla; top with some rémoulade, lettuce, and tomatoes.
We want to know what you think...
Please write a comment if you tried one of our recipes and let us know what you think. Don't forget to share with your friend s!